Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Back from hiatus (hopefully, and I’m crossing my fingers)

I may not have readers in my site, but I would like to apologize for being inactive in my blog for a long time (more than a year). Though I have active in my facebook and twitter accounts. And sometimes, I chance to post in my tumblr and in my instagr.am (these two are linked).

A lot of things happened after my last post in my project blog. I know I said in the intro in this blog that I am making a dream happen for me, but some things have been out of hand (sort of). For the past year, hmmm, what happened?
  • Tons of work… (that I don’t want to elaborate further lol!) 
  • I got PT (pityriasis rosea) which lasted for almost 3-4 months, which got me technically depressed. So depressed, I want to forget what happened. 
  • And amidst that, I got pregnant!!! At first, I was so surprised, I (we) didn’t expect it. Though we were not in any (artificial) family planning method during that time. Come what may was the theme. (LOL again!) Highlights? 
  • I was already six weeks on the way when I learned I got pregnant. 
  • I was still breastfeeding J. It hurt every time he latched (but it wasn’t in my nearest thought that I might have been pregnant). 
I did not think of stopping breastfeeding J but I got a blood clot inside me then that may contraindicate breastfeeding while I was pregnant (I was ready to breastfeed and even with tandem breastfeeding). My OB advised me to stop breastfeeding J. Stubborn that I was, I texted people I know if I can still continue but if baby’s health is at risk, I really have to stop. J had to be weaned (fast). And thank God, he managed.

Now, we have Uriel Jacob! My second J.



And now, I have J1 (Joaquin) and J2 (Jacob). Love love love!



Fast forward.

I am back to work after giving birth to J2. I am exclusively breastfeeding him for four months now. I am back to the “hullabaloo” of my job lol. I am trying to manage having two kids, adjusting. God is good. And I am excited in “revive” my blog. I am rather inspired with other moms who have their own blogs. See the blogs I am following – most (or all) of them are moms!

This is my “first” post after my hiatus. And I am crossing my fingers that there will be more posts after this.

And its August, happy breastfeeding month everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment